Not only ski lovers come to Lienz. You can also do a lot of fun tobogganing in Lienz and the surrounding area. Many toboggan runs are created family friendly.
Our bobsleight tips:
Lienz Dolomites/Leisach natural toboggan run
- Floodlit toboggan run with an average gradient of 14 %.
- The toboggan route is 1100 metres in length and covers an altitude difference of 155 metres.
- It is floodlit, located in the town of Amlach and is accessible by car from Leisach or Amlach, heading to Galitzenklamm (car park at the finish).
Gödnach/Dölsach family toboggan route
- The 800 metre toboggan route is floodlit until midnight and since the terrain is not at all steep it is especially suited to families and children!
- There is plenty of car parking available in the finish area above Dölsach’s swimming pool. The start of the toboggan route is at St. Georgskirche in Gödnach (Dölsach district area).
- The toboggan route is prepared from Christmas until the end of February (when there is adequate snow coverage).
Lugger Alm / Iselsberg toboggan run
- The toboggan run which covers 3.5 kilometres, runs from Lugger Alm at 1630 metres altitude, and can be used to get to Gasthof Schöne Aussicht at 1320 metres.
- There is however also the opportunity to head up to Winklerner Alm at 1960 metres.
- Proceed by car via Iselsberg to the car park at Gasthof Schöne Aussicht, continue on foot.
natural toboggan routes – Dolomites
- Winter pleasure for all the family. The toboggan route extends from Dolomitenhütte to Tristach’s sport stadium (to the south of Lienz).
- Illuminated natural toboggan run in the upper section, via the road (traffic light system) from Gasthof Kreithof, then without any junctions on its own paths.
- Equipped with snow-making facilities, ensuring tobogganing fun for all the family throughout the winter, day and night.
- This natural toboggan run received the sought-after safety seal of approval from the Tirol Rodelverband. The road to Kreithof is cleared and chipped, so is suitable for cars.
all year around toboggan run at Hochstein – sled like a pro
- Recently loud cries of joy have been heard in summer as well as winter. If you listen at the foot of the Hochstein, then you can hear for miles around.
- It can hardly be a coincidence that the frequency of these cries of joy has something to do with the opening of the ‘Osttirodler’ at that time.
- Since then quite a few tobogganists have been flying down this spectacular Alpine roller-coaster. You can toboggan down the 2.7 kilometre Osttirodler run from the Moosalm via Lienz’s Schlossberg right to the finish area in the Hochstein Arena.
More infomation and trails: